Friday, December 17, 2004

Raindrops

Raindrops trickling,
Down my window pane,
The rain smelled so inviting,
I have freed this throbbing pain.

This pain I endure,
It never hurt anymore,
I can't feel anymore torture,
I don't know what's pain anymore.

I smiled at my tears,
I laughed at my scars
I am happy for all these,
For I know I'm learning; I am alive.

I smiled when I fall,
I laughed at my injuries,
I am happy that I got up,
For I know I can still run and play.

The wind against me,
I fought through that fine,
Droplets of rain falling on me,
I got through that, and I'm so fine.

I am at home now,
So warm and safe in bed,
The rain watering the ground,
The wind making the temperature dip.

The storm can't get me,
I have shelter above my head,
I have been stronger and bolder,
I know I am better and always ahead.

The sound of rain drops,
Above my roof like musicals,
Sounds so peaceful and beautiful,
It's no longer a storm but great weather.

-A piece of Junaidah's thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment