Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Friends

My dear,
You're still young,
Friends can come and go,
You'll stumble upon more ego.

Friends can come and go,
You'll survive on your own,
They stab you at the back,
You survived without a scratch.

What doesn't kill you,
Only makes you stronger,
You'll know more people on the go,
The backgrounds and attitude of a stranger.

You'll soon know who to trust,
Who to believe and who to rely on,
You'll know who to keep and who to dispose,
Most friends just happen to be for a purpose.

Fret not my dear,
Take a step at a time,
You'll move on and get over,
Your family is here for you anytime.

You're still young my dear,
Everything is going to be fine,
Stop and slow down to shake off that fear,
You know I'll still be here for you to lean on.

My doors wide open for you,
To welcome you in your comfort,
Fear not for the closing doors,
For one opens after another shuts.

Open your eyes and look around,
You might find a better friend to make,
Walk around with your head held high,
Shy not for I'm here with you forever it take.

-A piece of Junaidah's thoughts
-Dedicated to little 'bro' Hamdan

No comments:

Post a Comment